We do ship all across Canada
For a Quote please send us an Email containing what you are looking for and what type of material.
Rough sizes (length,width,height). You can include photos from elsewhere or reference from our site.
Postal code for crate & shipping quote. Prices are all in Canadian dollars.
Every range hood is custom built and handmade in any style, shape or finish.
If you would like to visit our showroom please book to arrange a time.
Custom Range Hoods
Our Custom Range Hoods are individually handmade for each client from scratch.
They are full metal construction, pure metals (not plated or anodized). No wood & Fire proof.
Most of our wall mount Range Hoods average between $4200 - $6200 + gst.
Depending on size, finish and complexity. Not including crate & shipping or blower unit insert.
Larger hoods 49" or wider, island hoods or complex shapes & finishes can add to the cost.
- Blower unit inserts vary in cost depending on brand and cfm. $500 - $3000+.
- We build the hood to suit a blower unit you have purchased.
- We specialize in Copper, Brass, Stainless Steel and Black Iron.
With custom patinas and finishes applied to those materials.
- With any custom metal projects we will work with you to fine tune all details related to your order.
We can build from photos or drawings, scaled hand drawings are provided for the final design.
- A formal quote is sent first for approval, details can be changed if needed.
Once the quote is accepted and you would like to go ahead an Invoice will be sent.
- The invoice will be sent with the proposed project to confirm details and deposit amount.
To confirm the final details and start the project a 50% deposit is required.
Timeline starts from deposit confirmation. On average it can vary 8-10 weeks from order.
Depending on the current demand and approvals.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Etransfer or cheque. Cheques require extra time to clear.
Credit cards can be called in, or via a CC Form. Receipts and updated invoice will be emailed.
Photos of the Range Hood will be emailed before crate & shipping.
The remaining balance is then due before the item leaves our shop.
Range Hood Dimensions
- Hood width is usually 6" inches wider than your stove, this allows for proper fume extraction.
Example : 36" wide stove = 42" wide range hood. If your space allows.
It can be made to any width or height and fit most blower unit inserts.
- Typical range hood depth is between 22"-24" inches, depending on blower insert and trim.
It is custom made to fit the blower unit insert.
- Height is normally 30" above the counter top, depending on blower insert specifications.
36" is normally the maximum operating height above the countertop.
- Hood height calculation :
10ft ceilings - 30" above counter top = 54" Tall Range Hood.
9ft ceilings - 30" above counter top = 42" Tall Range Hood.
8ft ceilings - 30" above counter top = 30" Tall Range Hood.
These are basic size guidelines, we can build to any specifications.
Blower Unit Inserts
The Blower unit insert contains the lights, filters and fan motor for the range hood.
We build the hood to suit your blower unit insert.
Check with your contractor as to the maximum cfm allowed in the home.
Higher cfm units (600-1200cfm) may require a make up air system in the home.
300cfm units usually do not require make up air. Always best to check.
Common brands we work with are Victory, Faber, Vent-a-hood and Wolf.
We do ship all across Canada
- Postal code is needed for a crate & shipping quote. Items are shipped in a custom wood crate.
- Or you can pick the item up from our shop. Wrapped up in that case.
Patina, Oxidized and Aged finishes
- These aging processes are not an exact science and are custom to each project.
When applying the finish to a large item some variance is to be expected.
Often we can closely match hardware finishes or photos from other projects.
When we have determined the finish you are looking for, a sample can be made.
Sample photos will be emailed, or can be picked up if requested.
Care and Maintenance
- Most of our aged products have a clear coat lacquer applied.
Stainless steel ( non aged ) is not clear coated and can be cleaned with stainless steel cleaners.
- Use mild soap and water to clean. Dry with soft paper towel.
- Lemon Pledge can be used in some cases, great for stainless steel.
Spray into soft paper towel. Wipe in the grain direction. Be gentle.
- Do not stick tape or use abrasive cleaners as you might remove the finish on the item.