For a quote please send us an email containing what you are looking for and what type of material.
Rough sizes (length,width,height). Allow a few days, as we put together your quote details.
You can include photos of the item you have seen, or a photo from our website.
Everything is custom made in any style, shape or finish.
Average turn around for most projects is 6-8 weeks from order.
If you would like to visit our workshop please call ahead to arrange a time.
Range Hood Cost (30"-52")
- Most of our hoods average between $3200 - $5800 + tax. ( Canadian Dollars).
Depending on size/finish and complexity. Not including crate/shipping & blower insert.
Larger hoods 52"+ and more complex shapes & finishes can add to the cost.
- Blower unit inserts vary widely depending on brand and cfm. $500 - $5000+.
- We specialize in Copper, Stainless Steel, Brass, Bronze, Zinc and Black Iron.
With custom finishes applied to those materials.
Our Custom Range Hoods are individually handmade for each client from scratch.
Stainless steel is used underneath of all our hoods, built to hold the blower insert.
They are full metal construction, pure metals ( not plated or anodized ) with no wood.
- With any custom metal projects we will work with you to fine tune all details related to your order.
We can build from photos or drawings, or drawings and 3-D sketches can be provided to best illustrate the final design.
- The custom made process is very fluid to narrow down exactly what you are looking for.
- A quote is sent first for approval, details can be changed if needed.
Once the quote is accepted and you would like to go ahead an Invoice will be sent.
- The invoice will be sent with the proposed project to confirm details and deposit amount.
To confirm the final details and start the project a 50% deposit is required.
Timeline starts from deposit confirmation. On average it is 6-8 weeks from order.
Depending on the current demand.
- We accept Visa/MasterCard, Etransfer or cheque. Cheques require extra time to clear.
Receipts will be emailed and photos will be sent of the finished item before shipping.
The remaining balance is then due before the item leaves our shop.
Range Hood Dimensions
- Hood width is usually 6" inches wider than your stove, this allows for proper fume extraction.
Example : 36" wide stove = 42" wide range hood.
It can be made to any width and fit most blower inserts.
- Typical range hood depth is between 22"-24" inches, depending on the blower insert size.
It is custom made to fit the blower insert.
- Height is normally 30"- 36" above stovetop, depending on blower insert specifications.
36" is normally the maximum operating height above the stove.
- Hood height calculation :
10ft ceilings - 30" above stovetop = 54" Tall Range Hood.
9ft ceilings - 30" above stovetop = 42" Tall Range Hood.
8ft ceilings - 30" above stovetop = 30" Tall Range Hood.
These are basic size guidelines, we can build to any specifications.
Blower Unit Inserts
We can purchase the blower unit insert or we can build to accommodate your blower insert.
Having the blower insert here insures a proper fit. Some blower inserts differ from their specs.
Let us know your required cfm and preferred brand for a quote.
Common brands we work with are Faber, Vent-a-hood and Wolf.
Blower unit deliveries can average 4-6 weeks from order.
We can ship anywhere in Canada and the Continental United States.
- An address is needed for a shipping quote, all items are shipped in a custom size wood crate.
- Or you can pick the item up from our shop and save on crate and shipping.
Clad Countertops and Clad Doors
- To Metal clad countertops & doors a wood substrate is needed at our shop to metal clad.
Patina, Oxidized and Aged finishes
- These aging processes are not an exact science and are custom to each project.
When applying the finish to a large item some variance is to be expected.
Often we are asked to closely match hardware finishes or photos from other projects.
When we have determined the finish you are looking for, a sample can be made.
Photos will be emailed, or can be picked up if requested.
Care and Maintenance
- Most of our aged products have a clear coat lacquer applied.
Stainless steel ( non aged ) is not clear coated and can be cleaned with stainless steel cleaners.
Countertops are waxed, being a wearing surface.
A dusting is usually all that is required for cleaning.
- Lemon Pledge is best for cleaning, it leaves a non-stick coating on the item.
Spray on and wipe off with a microfibre cloth in the direction of the grain. Be gentle.
- Do not stick tape or use abrasive cleaners as you might remove the finish on the item.